Thursday, April 2, 2009



A BLAMELESS CONSCIENCE


Acts 24:16
I also do my best to maintain always a blameless conscience both before God and before men


Folklore advises, "Let your conscience be your guide." This has serious limitations since our conscience is a function of our mind. Having been conformed to this world, the conscience can be programmed wrongly.

I was thinking this morning on my way to work about my "conscience". Maybe I was driving home last night, not important I guess. Because of life choies I have made my conscience has been seared and scarred. Though I am fully capable of knowing right from wrong, the still small voice is very silent. Today my decisions, big or small, are based entirely on faith and not feeling. As a result of this, emotionally I am very dry and flat. It saddens me. Often I wish that I could deeply feel again.

I do not believe that conscience is a function of the mind. It is a decision made in the heart.

Former days had feeling
pouring fizzy, bubbling and wet
Residing violent, fatal and grim
Exploding , collapsing, convulsing, destroying
Identify?
Dry now as burnt toast...How?
Just scars
Scars



No comments: